To: Kate Brian
Subject: Sweet Deceit
Hello! I am one of your many readers and fans! I’m writing you to talk to you (and possibly ask some questions? You know, if you don’t mind ><) about one of the books in your Privilege series, Sweet Deceit.
Now, in Sweet Deceit, the characters do a lot of scheming, which if one of my favourite things about your books! (^o^) But what I really like is the way you are able to explain all of that! In your stories, there are so many twists and turns, the reader can never be sure what any of the characters are thinking, even the character of which the story is being told through. But then, near the end, when everything is supposed to come clear, the reader can understand everything they’re supposed to immediately! You put just enough foreshadowing, and give just enough clues in the beginning so that the reader can’t figure out what’s going on until you want them to. Then when they’re supposed to, it’s like a light bulb just comes on and you can figure everything out without having to look back to previous chapters. (>u<)
There are a few things though, that I’m very curious about, so this paragraph is going to be some questions. You don’t have to answer them, or even read them (considering all the fan mail you must get!) you can just skip over this weird little paragraph! (=w=) One of the things I want to ask most is, how do you come up with exactly what each character thinks (considering all the plotting they do) and how it affects others? The things that Ariana and Kaitlyn can come up with are so complex, so where do you get your ideas? I know that this isn’t really a question you can answer… but I’m still really curious about it. I also want to know how you came up with the idea of this whole series, with it being from Ariana’s point of view, while continuing with Reed’s. What? Why am I only asking about ideas? Ah well I guess you can really answer these then… ( ‘ A ‘ )’’’’
In you stories, there are a lot of twists and turns. And after reading a whole lot of your books, they are almost expected. I think it’d be really cool if you tried something like…. a reversed twist. Like you do what you usually do, and make the reader think something is going to happen… but then make something else happen instead. Do the opposite of what someone who’s used to reading your books would expect. (Since you have a really unique style of writing and all that ‘ u ‘ ) when I read your writing, it’s very steady. Going up the mountain, then coming down (I’m talking about that thing you learn in elementary school and junior high, like the storyline/mountain thing? *u*). I think I’d like to see some jumps, and maybe some more, uh, un-jumps? Like when you make everything all happy and calm for a while. ( ^ . ^ )
Alright! I’m really glad you took your time to read this!!! (well you must be if you are reading this part right?)
Sincerely, Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment